« The wedding |
| She is woman, hear me snore »
March 28, 2006
Sunset at Wailea, Maui
In an effort to prevent saccharine overload in anyone reading DaveLovesElizabeth.com, I'll record for you what went wrong during our honeymoon:
- The $20 burgers at the Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay.
- It rained half of the days we were in Hawaii. (But it was still beautiful and in the mid-70s. And rain didn't stop me from playing golf at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua, Maui; having access to the Ritz's facilities was an unexpected bonus to our three-day stay at the Kapalua Villas.)
- We loved Wailea, Maui, but weren't thrilled with our condo at the Ekahi Village (three out of our four days there we were awakened by maintenance men who came to fix broken appliances).
- We found out that one of us has a very slight snoring problem. I'm not going to name any names here, but Elizabeth has asked me to specify that it wasn't her. So if any of you have suggestions for curing snoring, please let us [but not Elizabeth] know.
And some things that went wrong from Elizabeth's perspective:
- "About 32 seconds after we arrived in our ocean-front hotel room on Kauai, Dave found an Internet connection and began reading RSS feeds."
- "I [Elizabeth] WAY over-packed, which meant Dave had to lug three huge and heavy bags around. I claimed one bag was for snorkeling gear—it was a nice excuse, but would have been even better if I'd actually snorkeled during the trip."
Other than that, the honeymoon was blissful.
And I am loving married life.
P.S. Thanks to Scott Pearson (Elizabeth's dad) for giving us Hyatt Points so we could stay a week at the amazing Grand Hyatt Kauai, which was my favorite part of the trip.
I am so very happy for the both of you!
I just wanted to tell you that I think your website is just amazing, so creative and sweet. I sat looking at your site this morning and cried, happy tears...okay, I am 6 months pregnant and flooded with hormones but I think I still would have cried even if I wasn't, it was just so adorable. It really showed how much you love Elizabeth.
Plus, I'm a tough New Yorker who doesn't get very mushy easily so it says a lot that it touched me so much. It even had my husband laughing when I read him the part about reading the RSS feeds on your honeymoon, something he would have loved to have done on ours but I outlawed computers and even found a resort without phones let alone anyway to connect to the net.
I wish you two the best of luck!
dear dave n elizabeth
Congratulation on your nominated category in Webby Awards - 10
Friends From Indonesian
Not being this the first time someone uses the web to propose, I've got to admit that yours is the most romantic and elaborated web dedicated to this intention.
You're hot! ;)
The two of you:
Blessings, you make a perfect couple! I hope you win the Webbys!
Dear Dave & Liz,
Finally I see the wedding pictures. I wish I could have met you guys during the ceremony. Next time send me that invitation card too please. But why don't you come over to Amsterdam to meet me and my (also pretty) wife. Deal? Always in my and your memory, Bert
Just found out about your site and blog through GoogleMap Mania.
Congratulations to you two. Hope God bless you.
Luciano Evaristo Guerche
Taboao da Serra, SP, Brazil
I ran across your site from the Webby awards and may I just say, I was impressed that your site had the perfect blend of creativity, technology, romance, and humor. You two must have such a blast together! Congratulations!
Sigh...Do you have any brothers?
Congratulations to you and Elizabeth. I ran across your webpage by chance. It has been 20 something years but good to see that you have not lost your unique sense of humor and that Gilfoil has a real job.
Wow, awesome site! Very slick, funny, and touching.
As for the snoring: get thee to a sleep disorders doctor! Snoring is a near-certain sign of sleep apnea. Elizabeth, watch Dave when he sleeps: if he stops, that's apnea. It's bad. It puts a strain on the heart.
My husband went to Mcaffrey (sp?) at PAMF.
Hi Dave, I posted on your page a long time ago- when you asked for honeymoon suggestions. I believe I suggested Antigua. The name I posted with was Kristen Perry, and since then I have gotten married myself (Sept 06). I haven't looked at your site since then and thought I'd do so today- I thought it was awesome as read this particular post and saw that you stayed at the Grand Hyatt Kauai, because my husband and I did as well. I particularly think it funny since I was encouraging you to go elsewhere and then we ended up in Hawaii ourselves. My husband really wanted to go and I agreed- and boy was it a great decision! The Grand Hyatt was by far the best part. We also went to Oahu before Kauai, and then the big island after. If I had to do it over again, I loved seeing the other islands, but I would have ended with the Grand Hyatt and stayed there for the majority of the time instead of just the 6 days we did.
Congrats on the upcoming little one!
The comments to this entry are closed.